If you have asked yourself – Why get a degree in business? – you are not alone.
The answer – online business degrees offer tremendous flexibility. This is because the managerial and business-related skills learned in a business or management academic degree program apply to most businesses – despite the nature of the business.
Most Popular Schools with Online Business & Management Degree Programs
Top Careers With a Business Degree
|Career||Employment||Average Salary||Projected Job Growth|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||394,910||$115,160||17.6%|
|Computer and Information Research Scientists||30,780||$127,460||16.5%|
|Social and Community Service Managers||156,460||$72,900||13%|
|Computer and Information Systems Managers||433,960||$156,390||11.3%|
|Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes||17,060||$97,170||10.4%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||79,160||$132,630||7.8%|
|Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators||6,090||$73,720||7.8%|
|Administrative Services and Facilities Managers||307,280||$106,550||7.3%|
Most Affordable Online Business & Management Degree Programs
What Can You Do with an Online Business Degree?
A business or management degree’s versatility may appeal to you. One might think the next step is to determine what jobs can you get with a business degree. But first, look into how to get a business degree, and then search what jobs you can get with a business degree.
Let’s learn how to get a degree in business before deciding upon the business program you wish to enroll in. As you consider your business administration program options, be sure to answer these types of questions –
- What jobs can a business degree get you if you study online?
- What jobs can you get with a degree in business if you want to work internationally?
- Where do I learn how to get a degree in business on a budget?
The academic community has developed many distance learning business or management degree programs. Do you have a serious and focused interest in learning how to get an online business degree? Want to know what jobs you can get with a business degree earned online? Focus on these questions –
- What jobs can you get with a business degree if you prefer to work remotely?
- What jobs can a business degree get you if you want to work in sports management?
- What jobs can you get with a degree in business that is involved in the healthcare industry?
Also, consider the salary and compensation when researching what jobs you can get with a business degree.
- What jobs can you get with a business degree, and what can you expect for a starting salary?
- What jobs can a business degree get you if you want to earn a six-figure salary?
Online Business Degrees – Associates, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral
Online Associate’s Degrees in Business and Management
Online associates degrees in business management are typically offered through vocational schools, community colleges, and universities. Students can attend classes at an on-campus or online associate’s degree in business. They are required to complete a two-year program that includes 60-semester credits to graduate.
Graduates who have earned an associate online business degrees will complete coursework in –
- Business Analytics
- Functional Management
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Investment Analysis, to name a few.
Earning an online associate’s degree in business will open entry-level job opportunities. Administrative assistants, auditing clerks, bookkeeping assistants, and payroll clerks have these degrees.
Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Business and Management
Have you considered earning an associate’s degree in business or management. It is a worthwhile endeavor to consider the many bachelor of business online degrees as well. As you continue your research, be certain to answer questions related to the online bachelor’s in business administration degrees –
- Is an online bachelor’s in business administration degree the same as one earned on-campus?
- Are bachelor of business online degrees more affordable than their on-campus counterparts?
- Does the curriculum for online bachelor of business degree courses differ from traditional classes?
Those who earn a bachelor’s in business administration discover the degree creates career opportunities. Most bachelor’s in business administration online degrees require about four years to complete. Although, there are online programs that offer accelerated options.
Choosing to earn an on-campus or online bachelors in business degree is a great choice. Job opportunities are more plentiful, and starting salaries for those who hold a bachelor degree in business online are higher than those without.
These bachelor level online business degrees will typically include courses that explore business fundamentals like –
- Business Management
- Business Ethics
- Business Law
- Team Development
- Organizational Behavior, to name a few.
A few examples of the jobs available to those who hold an online bachelor’s in business administration degree are as follows–
- A sales manager.
- A financial analyst.
- An account manager.
- A marketing manager.
Online Master’s Degrees in Business and Management
Students & professionals who earn an on-campus or an online master’s degree in business administration typically place their business career into overdrive. Earning an MBA online or on-campus opens up some very dynamic and rewarding career opportunities.
Your career’s exact direction after you have earned your online MBA can depend upon the concentration or academic track chosen. Concentration options include
- Project Management
- Technology Management
- Healthcare Management
- Data Analytics
- Business Marketing
- Supply Chain Management
- Sport Management
- International Business
- Nonprofit Management
- Sustainability, and many more.
Those who earn their online MBA enjoy salary and career improvement. Here are a few types of jobs and some of the many career options for those who pursue one of these highly-valued online business programs.
- Business Operations Manager – An operations manager who holds an online MBA degree can view their role in the big picture of organizational success. They are responsible for managing a business’ supply chain efficiency and business operations effectiveness through regular evaluation and analysis.
- Market Research Analyst – Many market researchers begin their careers by earning an MBA. Sometimes online and sometimes on campus. They need the skills to analyze market conditions. They discern product offerings and pricing points. Market research is a subspecialty of many online and on-campus MBA programs.
- Marketing Manager – They are responsible for understanding consumer demand for a company’s products and services. They also locate new markets to generate sales.
- Human Resource Manager – HR Managers coordinate administrative tasks involved in the management of staff and workers. Typically, human resource managers earn on on-campus or online masters in business administration degree to secure these managerial jobs.
Online Doctorate Degrees in Business/Management
Those business students who choose to earn their on-campus or online business PhD will explore how a business operates within the larger marketplace and in relation to the fickle movement of consumer behavior. Those seeking a doctorate level program can select from –
- A PhD in business online or on-campus that is customizable.
- Online Doctor of Business Administration programs or DBA programs online.
- Online DBA programs with predefined academic tracks.
Those who earn their business PhD online or on-campus possess refined math and economic skills. They are critical to the efficient operation of businesses and government agencies. Those who earn their online business PhD are often prepared and qualified for upper level managerial positions across industries.
Business Careers with a Doctorate in Business
These careers are for applicants who have earned their Doctor of Business Administration.
Financial professionals with an online PhD in business administration program have the skills and knowledge to manage a business’s resources. Financial managers with an online DBA assess ways to increase profitability. Those with this high level of business expertise have the ability to lead their objectives while also furthering the organization as a whole.
College Professors – Postsecondary Business Teachers
Most college professors specializing in business hold a business PhD as postsecondary educators. They can earn their PhD in business online or on campus. Educators at this level train the next generation of business leaders. They teach their students how to think critically and innovatively. Those who have earned a degree from one of the many quality DBA online programs will have also met sophisticated research levels.
Many business professionals have graduated from one of the online DBA programs. They wish to work in human resource management and apply for positions as a business/management analyst or management consultant. Management analysts seek to solve problems and evoke positive change through innovative solutions.
Budget analysts with an online PhD in business work with sophisticated economic methodologies. They ensure a company remains profitable and operates within the confines of the law.
The process of accreditation plays an essential function in the educational systems in the United States. It ensures universities, business schools, and the programs offered remain accountable to the students they serve. Accreditation acts as a quality assurance process. Neutral parties assess a school’s operations and services against pre-established standards.
There are two fundamental categories of accreditation in the United States. They are shown below.
The United States Department of Education operates six regional oversight agencies. It is responsible for regionally accrediting state-funded and nonprofit schools.
Academic degree programs can voluntarily seek accreditation from a specialized accreditation organization.
Specialized Business School Accreditation
Specialized accreditation is typically performed by industry-sanction oversight agencies. As you consider the many available business school programs, it is critical to confirm if the chosen program is offered with business school accreditation.
If you have looked into any business program, you have likely seen these acronyms related to business school accreditation – AACSB, ACBSP, and IACBE. So, what does AACSB accredited mean? And, Is AACSB accreditation important, and are there IACBE accredited schools?
The AACSB – the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is headquartered in Tampa, FL, but operates internationally in Singapore & Amsterdam. The AACSB accreditation standards are recognized as the gold standard for business schools. With regard to AACSB accreditation standards, the ethical integrity of the school is of utmost importance.
The IACBE (The International Accreditation Council for Business Education) and ACBSP (The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs) are other accrediting agencies that accredit quality business programs.
Want to advance your career? Choose to earn on-campus or online business certifications that offer specialized training. The business realm offers professionals a variety of business certificates online and on-campus. In fact, many professional organizations offer an online business certificate program through its membership benefits.
There are many different online business certificate options from which to choose. Consider the following on-campus or online certificates in business options. These online business certificates and online business certifications help your resume stand out. –
- Project Management Professional (PMP)– This industry-recognized business certificate deals with property management. Project Management online certificates in business are available in many schools.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) – This certificate in business online program is offered by the IIBA – the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA). This is one of several online certificates in business offered by the IIBA.
- Professional Certificate in Team Leadership – This is one of the business certifications online. It is from the Chartered Institute for IT that is available across the globe. The exam for this certificate in business online can be taken at any Pearson Vue.
- Salesforce – It is one of the most popular customer relationship management systems. Salesforce now specifically looks for Salesforce online business certifications when hiring. Among the business certifications online offered are Salesforce Developer, Administrator, Consultant, and Marketer.
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing – Many businesses rely heavily on telemarketing – both inbound and outbound. These business certificates online are offered at no cost.
The online business certificates noted above include well-known online certificates in business available. Adding any business certificates online or on-campus is helpful to any professional.
College Scholarships for Business Students
Having enough money to attend college is tough. It’s one of the biggest obstacles students face when deciding which school to attend. There are many scholarships for business students designed to help defray school costs. If you have a serious interest in educating yourself about available business scholarships for college students or scholarships for graduate students in business, the good news, there are many from which to choose.
Consider a few examples of the many scholarships for business students and the various scholarships for business graduate students shown below –
- The General Electric LULAC Scholarship – available for engineering and business students.
- The Miller Coors National Scholarship – available to students of Hispanic heritage during their junior/senior year studying business.
- The Frank Greathouse Government Scholarship – available to accounting students who wish to work in government.
Wherever you are in your pursuit of a top business degree and career, remember there are options. Now is the time to clarify your goals and start looking for that next right step.
Best Online Undergraduate Business Programs
Best Online MBA Programs
Most Affordable Online MBA
Best Value Online MBA Programs
Best Online Executive MBA
Best Online DBA Programs
Specialized MBA Programs Online:
Best Online Business Analytics MBA
Best Online International Business MBA
Best Online MBA for Financial Managers
Best Online MBA for Accountants
Best Online MBA for Actuaries
Best Online MBA for Financial Advisors
Best Online MBA for Market Research Analysts
Best Online MBA for Healthcare Managers
Best Online MBA for Statisticians
Best No-GMAT Online MBA Programs
Best Online MBA Programs for Non-Business Majors
Best EMBA Programs
Best 1-Year Online MBA Programs