Most college applications are due between early January and mid-February. If you’re a high school senior applying to college, you will likely use at least part of your holiday break to finish up your applications. Here are 10 tips on how to make the most out of your break while putting together the best application you can.
- Begin by creating a realistic schedule that allows for dedicated application work while also carving out specific periods for relaxation.
- Prioritize tasks based on deadlines, focusing on the most time-sensitive aspects of the application process.
- Use breaks between application work to engage in enjoyable activities with friends and family, fostering a positive and festive atmosphere.
- Consider organizing a study or application work session with friends who are also in the same process to make the experience more collaborative and supportive.
- Utilize family gatherings as opportunities to discuss your college choices and seek advice from relatives who may have valuable insights.
- When working on applications, find a comfortable and quiet space where you can concentrate, minimizing distractions and maximizing efficiency.
- Delegate responsibilities when possible; for instance, ask for help with gathering required documents or proofreading essays from friends or family members.
- Allow yourself guilt-free breaks to rest and recharge, whether it’s a short walk, a movie night, or a holiday-themed activity.
- Embrace the festive season by incorporating elements of celebration into your application routine, such as working on essays with a cup of hot cocoa or listening to seasonal music.
- Most importantly, acknowledge and appreciate the importance of the holiday break as a time for both personal and academic growth, celebrating your achievements and the support of those around you.
Winter break is an important time to reconnect with friends and family and the values that make you who you are. It’s also a great time to finish up those college applications before the busyness of your final high school semester. Hopefully these tips help you do both. Happy holidays!